Flight Controls Systems Engineer
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX 76053
The systems requirements associated with their products are challenging and exciting. Their existing aircraft systems and emerging concept vehicles provide opportunities for systems engineering, simulation and test of configurations and technologies that will shape the future of aviation.
The Flight Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for: - Design and test of a Fly-by-Wire Flight Control Systems (FCS) with embedded software and complex hardware in a rapid development environment within a relatively small team working on cutting edge aerospace technology. -
Must Haves Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering
- 2+ years of experience
- Major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Aerospace Engineering
- Familiarity with Embedded Hardware and Software Design
- Electronic Hardware, Electric Motor Drive, Signal Conditioning, Sensor Integration, Software Implementation
- Data protocols – RS-422/485 UART, ARINC 429, Ethernet, SPI
- Experience with system architecture creation, design diagrams, interconnect diagrams, and interface control documentation
- Familiarity with avionic systems, inertial systems, electrical power, electro-mechanical actuation and controls, and flight test.
- Experience with flight control system development and testing in a lab environment.
- Experience with aircraft installation, functional testing, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with primary Development Environments:
- MathWorks MATLAB / Simulink
- C/C++ code
- Bench tools such as Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Power supplies
- Serena Dimensions / PVCS, git - RTOS, Linux OS, or bare metal
- Generation of System Safety Assessments, Failure Hazard Analysis, and test plans
- Experience with Acceptance and Qualification Testing
- Experience with creation of system specifications, requirements traceability, and verification
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems
Meet Your Recruiter
Ranger Technology specializes in recruiting top notch Engineering & IT talent for our clients across the United States. I primarily focus on supporting our Engineering clients in the Aerospace & Defense, Electronics, Medical Device and Manufacturing sectors with an emphasis on Software, Hardware, Systems and Mechanical Engineering and Design.