Flight Control Law and Handling Qualities Engineer
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX 76053
The systems requirements associated with these products are challenging and exciting. Our existing aircraft systems and emerging concept vehicles provide opportunities for systems engineering, simulation and test of configurations and technologies that will shape the future of aviation. This position will be part of a diverse team of engineers capable of executing in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
The Flight Control Law Engineer will be responsible for:
- Development of air vehicle flight control laws (stability and control), flight director, navigation, guidance, and autonomous systems control algorithms
- Conducting linear and non-linear analysis, modeling and simulation, and piloted evaluation of aircraft control and handling qualities
- Control system validation and verification testing in desktop simulation, system integration labs, and aircraft flight test environments
- Bachelor’ s Degree is required.
- Major in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in other Engineering disciplines will be considered with sufficient control law development experience.
- Master’ s Degree in the Engineering disciplines mentioned above is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience is preferred. Consideration for an advanced degree will be given in lieu of experience.
- Familiarity with ADS-33 and other handling qualities specifications, such as MIL-STD-1797B.
- Integration of autocoded control laws into legacy C code and desktop simulations.
- Experience with aircraft flight test and incorporation of flight test results into analytical models.
- Experience with control law validation / verification testing in a system integration lab.
- Experience with the following primary development environments: Mathworks MATLAB/Simulink with Stateflow and Embedded Coder, C Code, Configuration Management Tools
* Candidates must be eligible to obtain Secret Security Clearance
Meet Your Recruiter
Ranger Technology specializes in recruiting top notch Engineering & IT talent for our clients across the United States. I primarily focus on supporting our Engineering clients in the Aerospace & Defense, Electronics, Medical Device and Manufacturing sectors with an emphasis on Software, Hardware, Systems and Mechanical Engineering and Design.