Modeling & SImulation Engineer
Dallas Ft. Worth, TX
The Modeling & Simulation Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining a lifecycle management framework for aircraft and fleet simulation models used to optimize aircraft design and sustainment concepts to meet program and customer-defined requirements. The Modeling & Simulation Engineer will be an integral part of the overall IPT structure, working closely with customers and subcontractors.
- Inventory and assess current models and simulations against requirements.
- Define, design, and build a modeling & simulation framework to support program and customer requirements.
- Document and communicate approach to ensure alignment across teams.
- Develop a technical approach and project plan for implementation and funding of the modeling & simulation framework.
- Develop and coordinate framework for Configuration Management (CM) and Verification, Validation and Accreditation (VVA) for developed software models, input decks and simulation results.
- Provide status updates for major program milestones.
- Coordinate across program integrated project teams and vendors.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science is required. Engineering, Math, and Physics degrees may be considered with applicable experience.
- 5 years’ experience in developing aerospace simulation models is required.
- Requires experience in multiple programming languages (e.g. C++, FORTRAN).
- Requires scripting language experience (e.g. Python).
- Requires Linux/Unix and Windows development environment.
- Requires source control of developed software (e.g. Git, Subversion).
- Desired experience developing Matlab/Simulink models.
- Desired familiarity with AR 5-11 Management of Army Models and Simulation and RTCA DO-331, Model – Based Development and Verification Supplement to DO-178C/DO-278A, and MIL-STD-3022 Documentation of VVA for Models & Simulation.
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and work assignments.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams.
- Must have effective and clear communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated Communication Skills needed to brief top-level management, customers and/or large groups on an occasional-to-frequent basis.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a Secret Security clearance.