SR Engineering Technician
Merrimack, NH 03054
Sr Engineering Technician
Ranger Technology specializes in recruiting top-notch engineering & IT talent in Aerospace/Defense, Medical Device, Telecommunications, and other high tech industries. Ranger is actively looking for a Sr Engineering Technician for one of our Merrimack, NH clients.
- Provide complex technical assistance in the design, development, testing and modification of engineering prototypes.
- Design, develop, construct and modify complex electronic circuits and mechanical designs utilizing known design concepts. Determine circuit values for specified maximum performance in basic circuits by making necessary mathematical calculations.
- Works independently and closely with electrical, mechanical, software and systems engineering to troubleshoot systems, parts tracking and ordering, modifying, manipulating and configuring test setups that supports engineering prototypes.
- Be able to design and create software scripts to do some work that insure proper function of system sub-assemblies that may include other software, electronics and mechanical items.
- Determine type of tests to be performed, approve and suggest modifications to testing equipment and analyze test results to evaluate performance of products or equipment.
- Determine appropriate materials and processes for preparing technical.
- Conduct experiments to evaluate operating characteristics of products or processes. Assist in the planning, testing and evaluation of laboratory equipment, new and existing materials and techniques.
- Exercise specialized technical judgment in the substitution of parts and materials. Evaluate and select optimum alternatives.
- Develop or improve techniques to meet quality, function and cost standards.
- Maintain effective liaison with all interfacing departments to assist engineering in transition from development into production.
- Design, construct, modify and support in the engineering of various tooling fixtures necessary for the assembly of components for various devices/instruments that are in prototype, production build and/or test.
- May act as technical representative, traveling to customer sites and/or tradeshows to advise and instruct in the installation, operation, and maintenance of Company-produced products.
- Assure compliance of specific electronic equipment’ s maintenance and calibration documentation requirements.
- Compile, compute, analyze and present a variety of engineering data as required.
- Review designs and specifications for completeness, accuracy, adequacy and compliance with company and customer specifications.
- Specify, design, document, order and test cabling assemblies.
- Support outside agency testing as needed per product.
- Support engineering and manufacturing for engineering change orders.
- Direct activities and provide technical direction to less senior technicians in building, testing and troubleshooting equipment.
Requires a technical Associate’ s Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar field and 10+ years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be knowledgeable of a wide variety of materials that would be used for engineering and project startup development.
Meet Your Recruiter
Ranger Technology specializes in recruiting top notch Engineering & IT talent for our clients across the United States. I primarily focus on supporting our Engineering clients in the Aerospace & Defense, Electronics, Medical Device and Manufacturing sectors with an emphasis on Software, Hardware, Systems and Mechanical Engineering and Design.